Joyce Mac Kinnon EdD, PT
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor
1140 W. Michigan Street Indianapolis, IN 46202
Education & Training
- Graduate Certificate in Bioethics, Indiana University (in progress)
- EdD, Higher Education Administration, North Carolina State University
- MPT, Baylor University
- BA, Ohio Wesleyan University
Research & Clinical Interests
Current research focuses on issues in bioethics, particularly as they relate to end of life decisions and parental consent. Also engaged in research focusing on international doctoral education. Maintain licensure as a physical therapist but no longer practice clinically.
Honors & Awards
- Visiting Professor, Central University of Technology, Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Fullbright Senior Specialist
Research methodology, critical inquiry for
- Friedrich-Nel H, Mac Kinnon J. The quality culture in doctoral education: Establishing the critical role of the doctoral supervisor. Innovations in Ed and Teaching Int. Published online August 31, 2017. Taylor Francis doi10.1080/14703297.2017.1371059.
- Mac Kinnon J, Comer A. The influence of culture, values
andfaith on end of life decisions. In Healthcare Ethics for Healthcare Professionals. 2017. Eds: Lategan LOK & Van Zyl G. Sun Media, Bloemfontein, South Africa. Pp 54-63.
- Friedrich-Nel H, Mac Kinnon J. Assessment central to quality doctoral education. In Get Ready, Get Set, Go. 2017. Ed: Lategan LOK. Sun Media, Bloemfontein, South Africa. Pp 77-82.