The mission of the Dietetic Internship Program is to provide advanced education and supervised practice opportunities for future leaders in the application and advancement of dietetics.
Goal 1: The overriding goal of the Dietetic Internship Program is to assist the dietetic intern in making the transition from student to professional.
- Over a five-year period, the pass rate for Dietetic Internship Program graduates taking the registration examination for the first time will be at least 80%.
- 85% or more of the dietetic interns admitted over a five-year period will successfully complete the Dietetic Internship Program within 150% (15 months) of the time planned for completion.
- 80% or more of the Dietetic Internship Program graduates who respond to the 1-year post graduation survey will report satisfaction with preparation provided by the Dietetic Internship Program for their first professional position.
- 80% or more of the employers of Dietetic Internship Program graduates who respond to the 1-year post graduation survey will report themselves satisfied with the preparation of the entry-level dietitian.
- Over a five-year period, 70% or more of Dietetic Internship Program graduates who sought employment in dietetics will be employed within three months of program completion.
Goal 2: Provide qualified healthcare professionals to serve the needs of Indiana’s citizens.
50% of the graduates of the Dietetic Internship Program will find employment in the state of Indiana within the first year following graduation as calculated within in each five-year period.