As part of their preparation to become Registered Dietitian Nutritionists, our dietetic interns do the following:
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement diet-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutrition principles, diet modification, food selection and preparation.
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic goals of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Partner with physicians and health care personnel to identify nutrition needs of patients or clients.
The IUPUI Faculty and Staff Health Fair provides a perfect place for dietetic interns to practice their professional skills. If you are interested in nutrition information on meal planning, healthy snacking and food safety click on “Nutrition Information Sheets”. If you are interested in tested recipes that coordinate with the menus click on “recipes”. If you would like to review suggested menus incorporating recipes click on “menus”. For additional information on My Plate click on “MyPlate”. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
Nutrition Information Sheets
RecipesOvernight Oatmeal Variations