Welcome to the Indiana University Department of Physical Therapy. We are glad you are considering physical therapy as a field of study. Please take the time to explore this site and discover all of the educational opportunities offered by the Physical Therapy Department, the faculty, and staff.
- We will provide you with the quality education you need to fulfill your career goals while providing current standards of care to patients and clients.
- Our instructors, staff, and support personnel are dedicated to providing students with exceptional educational experience.
- Our professors will challenge students like never before.
- Our alumni stand ready to support and enhance student-networking opportunities.
- We boast research facilities, both new and established, which provide opportunities for cutting-edge research and clinical experience.
- Students and faculty are engaged in community service.
The vision of the Indiana University Department of Physical Therapy is to excel as a locally, nationally, and internationally recognized leader in physical therapy education, research and civic engagement.
The Department of Physical Therapy at Indiana University is dedicated to teaching and learning excellence, research and creative discovery, and professional and civic engagement as a foundation for accomplishing our mission to produce autonomous Doctors of Physical Therapy who, by their commitment to advance the health and quality of life for all, are prepared to become leaders regionally and nationally.
Strengths of the IU DPT Program
- Graduates consistently score higher than the national average on the PT Board Exam.
- State of the art clinical and basic science research facilities
- A dynamic and evolving curriculum creating a well-prepared entry-level therapist
- Nationally recognized graduates including four Mary McMillan Award winners (2006, 2010, 2012, and 2013)
- Scholarships for incoming and current students
- Mentoring programs for foundational science courses.
- Faculty that are nationally and internationally recognized for their clinical and research expertise.
- Excellent inpatient and outpatient clinical partnerships in Indiana and throughout the country
- Students engage in integrated clinical experiences as part of their classroom training