Application InformationThe Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) and accepts applications from July 1 to October 1, 2018, to begin the program the following summer. Students who have met all admission requirements and rank in the top 80–100 based on academic criteria (cumulative GPA, math/science prerequisite GPA, GRE scores) will be invited to an on campus interview. Interviews will occur on Friday, November 30, 2018, from 10:00am-4:30pm and you are expected to attend the entire program. The interview is mandatory for both in- and out-of-state invited applicants, so please be prepared to make travel arrangements to the IUPUI campus when requested.
- Applicants may have one prerequisite course in progress at the application deadline of October 2nd.
- Applicant’s baccalaureate degree must be completed by May 12, 2019. NO WAVIERS OR EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GRANTED BY THE PHYSICAL THERAPY PROGRAM.
- All prerequisites must be completed with a grade C or better (2.00 on a 4.00 scale).
- All applicants must have taken the GRE no more than 5 years prior to application.
- Applicants will be allowed to apply AP credit toward prerequisite course requirements. Only courses completed with a score of 3 or higher will be accepted. If the AP course is a math/science prerequisite, GPA calculations will be obtained by omitting that specific course.
- For applicants for whom English is not the native language, a minimum TOEFL score of 628P or 267C or 113i is required at time of application. This policy is waived if the applicant has received an undergraduate degree from an accredited school in the United States by time of entrance into the program.
Applicants applying to the entry-level professional physical therapy program for the 2018 entering class will follow the instructions listed below.
IUPUI Online Graduate Application for Admission and $60 non-refundable application fee. This must be completed by application deadline. For “Intended Program and Plan,” select the following:
- What type of degree do you intend to pursue? Doctoral/PhD
- Academic Program: Health and Rehabilitation Professional
- Academic Plan: Physical Therapy DPT
- Are you applying to a dual degree program: No
- Term: Summer 2019
- Recommendations: skip this section
- Personal Statement: skip this section
2. PTCAS application —must be in “Complete” status by October 2nd. “Complete” status means all application materials submitted to PTCAS have been received and documented by PTCAS. Applicants must submit materials to PTCAS several weeks in advance of this date in order to be considered “complete” by the October 2nd deadline. Applications which are not in “complete” status by October 2nd or which are submitted after the October 2nd deadline will not be reviewed.
3. Prerequisite Course Completion Form: upload and submit with the IUPUI Graduate Application.
4. Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree Requirements Form: as you complete the IUPUI Online Graduate Application by uploading the completed form under Department Information then Additional Upload section.
You need to submit the above form if you do not currently hold a baccalaureate (bachelor’s) degree by the application deadline. Note: All degree requirements must be completed before the start of classes in May. All coursework must be completed prior to the start of the program in May. Those applying without a degree will be required to submit a final transcript with proof of degree awarded. Applicants holding a bachelor’s degree at the time of application may omit this form from the application packet.
The Office of International Admissions handles the application process for international students (both new and transfer).