Doctor of Occupational Therapy Post-Professional Admission Requirements
Acceptance into the Doctor of Occupational Therapy Post-Professional program will be based on the following:
- Completed master’s degree from any academic field (not exclusively in Occupational Therapy)
- Minimum Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.2/4.0 scale
- Current License as an OT, or eligible for licensure
- Current AOTA & state OT organization membership
- Official transcript of completed Master’s degree
- Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume
- Personal statement of professional and educational goals for pursuing a post-professional doctoral degree
- Three professional references
- A written abstract proposed for capstone project describing the OT practice area, topic to explore and the design of the proposed capstone study.
- Phone Interview
- Completed IUPUI Graduate/Professional Application
Criteria for Selection
Applications for the program begin November 1st, 2017 and are due no later than July 15th, 2018 for consideration for the cohort beginning August 2018.
Admissions will be determined by the Department of Occupational Therapy based on the following selection criteria:
- Leadership potential; assessed through resume, personal statement, and phone interview
- Ability to engage in advanced graduate work; assessed through letters of reference and GPA of prior graduate work.
- Learning goals and objectives assessed through personal statement
Previous Coursework Transfers
Students may transfer up to nine credit hours from IU or another institution upon approval of the OTD Admissions Committee. Acceptability of the courses or certification credit will be determined by the OTD student’s doctoral advisor and must follow the policies and procedures of Indiana University and the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. These courses need to be completed within the past five years prior to application deadline. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are required to meet technical standards established by the School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences. These standards are available upon request.