Before applying to the program, students will have:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution prior to matriculation into the program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale. GPAs will be calculated by OTCAS. All undergraduate and graduate course work is included in cumulative grade point average calculations.
- Completed all eight prerequisites, or have only one in progress by the application deadline of October 1st. The prerequisite course in progress must be completed by May 31st prior to June start date. Beginning with the 2016 Application Cycle, the outstanding prerequisites can not be Anatomy, Physiology, or Statistics.
- Minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.2. GPA will be calculated by OTCAS.
- Completed a minimum of 12 hours of observation and/or volunteer work among at least three different Occupational Therapy practice settings (such as acute care hospital, outpatient clinic, community mental health center, school system, and so forth) with either an Occupational Therapist (OTR) or an Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). An Observation form validating this observation is required. Record all observation hours in OTCAS under the Experiences section.
- For applicants for whom English is not their native language, a minimum TOEFL score of 560p/83i/220c.
- An OTCAS application in “Complete” status by October 1st. This means all application materials submitted to OTCAS have been received and documented by OTCAS. Applicants must submit materials to OTCAS several weeks in advance of this date in order to be considered ‘complete’ by the October 1st deadline. Applications which are not in ‘complete’ status or which are submitted after the October 1st deadline will not be reviewed.
- A completed IUPUI Graduate/Professional Application.
- Applicants must submit a NEW Prerequisite Completion Form.
- Introductory Psychology (3 semester credit hours minimum)-MUST be an introduction to the discipline.
- Introductory Sociology or Introductory Anthropology (3 semester credit hours minimum)-MUST be an introduction to the discipline.
- Abnormal Psychology (3 semester credit hours minimum)
- Life Span/Human Development Psychology-MUST cover development from birth to death (3 semester credit hours minimum)
- *Human Anatomy with lab (3 semester credit hours minimum)-for science majors
- *Human Physiology with lab (3 semester credit hours minimum)-for science majors
- *Statistics—must include inferential statistics (3 semester credit hours minimum)
- Medical Terminology (1 semester credit hour minimum)
* Courses must be completed not more than seven (7) years prior to application deadline (October 1st).
- Online courses are acceptable EXCEPT for science courses with labs.
- Dual credit courses are acceptable if recorded on a college transcript with a grade.
- Student may retake up to fifteen (15) credit hours of prerequistes. The higher grade will be used to compute prerequisite GPA but all grades will be used to compute cumuliative GPA.
- Courses taken for AP credit will be accepted for prerequisite courses if a score of 3 or higher is earned. The course must appear on official university transcripts.