Robin Janson, OTD, OTR, CHT
Clinical Assistant Professor
Education & Training
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy, Indiana University, 2016
- Master of Science in Health Sciences Education, Indiana University, 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy, Indiana University, 1989
- Certified Hand Therapist (initial certification in 1994)
Research & Clinical Interests
Dr. Janson’s area of OT practice specialization is in hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. Her research interests include applications for 3D printing in occupational therapy, upper limb prosthetic training education, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- T662 Occupations of Adults and Older Adults (Lab)
- T655 Technologies in Occupational Therapy
- T560 Introduction to Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- T525 Reflective Seminar I
- T625 Reflective Seminar II
- T667 Non-Thesis OT Research Project
- T668 Non-Thesis OT Research Project Completion
Arnold, S.A. and Janson, J. R. (2016). Wrist Extension or Flexion Mobilization Orthosis: The Dinosaur Design. Journal of Hand Therapy. In press.
Janson, J. R. (2015, December). 3D Printing: Shaping the Future of OT Practice. Technology Special Interest Section Newsletter, 25(4), 1-4.
Janson, J. R. (2015, February 9). Using 3D Printing. A. Waite, OT Practice Magazine: 33.
Fess, E.E., Gettle, K.A., Philips, C.A., and Janson, J.R. (2005). Hand and upper extremity splinting: principles and methods. 3rd Ed. St. Louis: Mosby.
Gettle, K.A., Janson, J.R. & Cannon, N.M. (1995). Basilar joint pain: conservative and postoperative management. The Indiana Hand Center Newsletter. 1(5):10-12.