Sharon Pape, MS, OTR
Senior Lecturer / Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
Education & Training
- BS in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 1987
- MS in Health Sciences Education Indiana University 2006
Research & Clinical Interests
Professor Pape is collaborating with Dr. Terry Loghmani from the IU Department of Physical Therapy on a research project investigating perspectives of incoming Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy students’ awareness among the scopes of practice for Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy and their own readiness to participate in interprofessional education activities. This research project highlights the interprofessional education efforts coordinated through the IU Student Outreach Clinic.
The IU Student Outreach Clinic is one of the largest collaborative service learning programs in the State of Indiana providing gratis primary care medical services for under or uninsured residents in the community. Since its inception, the clinic has developed into an interdisciplinary health provider. Students from the IU Department of Occupational Therapy have been part of the clinic since 2013. Professor Pape is the faculty advisor of OT students in the clinic.
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Service IU School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (2013)
- Excellence in Teaching Award IU School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (2012)
- Alumni Achievement Award UW Milwaukee (1996)
- Terri Brittell COTA/OTR Partnership Award American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) (1995)
- Faculty Advisor for the OT Clincic at IU Student Outreach Clinic
- T557—Group Process in Occupational Therapy
- T657—Psychosocial Dimension of Therapeutic Relationships and Occupations
- T695—Fieldwork Level II Infants / Children
- T696—Fieldwork Level II Adolescents/ Young Adults
- T697—Fieldwork Level II Adults / Older Adults
Professional Service & Community Engagement
- Liu, C.-J.,Pape, S.,Ferrell, J., Turner, E., Johanningsmeier, K. (2013). Gerontic Occupational Therapy and Patient Education: Perceptions, Barriers and Needs.
- Liu, C.-J., Pape, S., Bayston, K., Hahn, M., Stahl, L., and Powers, B. (2012). Learning how to use assistive devices in older adults: Are illustrations helpful?