Education & Training
- 2010: Ph.D. Anatomy & Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Indiana University
- 1993: Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Indianapolis
- 1993: Certified Manual Therapist
- 1992: National Certification in Massage Therapy and Bodywork
- 1983: Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Indiana University
Research & Clinical Interests
Applied Regenerative Medicine Lab, Director
Quantifiable Soft Tissue Manipulation
Honors & Awards
- 2017-: Indiana Center for Biomedical Innovation (ICBI) Entrepreneurs in Residence
- 2013: Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award
- 2013: Golden Goniometry Award
- 2012: Feitelberg Journal Founders’ Award
- 2012: Fascia Research Society Founding Member
- 2010: Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biologies Fellow
- 2007: Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award
- 2003: Indiana University Trustees Teaching Award
- P515 Physical Therapy Examination/Interventions I
- P526 Physical Therapy Examination/Interventions II
- P661 Introduction to Prosthetics & Orthotics
- P685 Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
Applied Regenerative Medicine, Regenerative Rehabilitation, Manual Therapy, Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization, Orthopedics, Best Teaching Practices
Professional Service & Community Engagement
- IU Student Outreach Clinic – Physical Therapy Faculty Advisor
- International Consortium of Regenerative Rehabilitation – Leadership, Delegate
- APTA Frontiers in Rehabilitation, Science, and Technology (FiRST) Council, Regenerative Rehabilitation - Member
- Al Otaibi AM, Anwar S, Loghmani MT. Skin modeling analysis of a force sensing instrument-assisted soft tissue manipulation device. ASME Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy. 2018;1(3).
- Loghmani MT, Roche JA. Conference Report: 6th Annual International Symposium on Regenerative Rehabilitation. Regenerative Medicine. 2018 (Apr). doi: 10.2217/rme-2018-0026.
- George L, Altenburger P, Banas K, Bellew J, Bemenderfer S, Cappel M, Hornstein M, Savage C, Loghmani MT. A model for providing free patient care and integrating student learning and professional development in an interprofessional student-led clinic. JOPTE. 2017;31(2):54-66.
- Al Otaibi AM, Chien S, Loghmani MT, Anwar S. Force and motion sensing for instrument-assisted soft tissue manipulation device. J Med Devices. 2017;11(3): 031012-031012-1 Doi:10.1115/1.4036654.
- Loghmani MT, Whitted M. Soft tissue manipulation: a powerful form of mechanotherapy. Physiother Rehabil. 2016:1;122 (1-6).
- Loghmani MT, Neff B, Alotaibi AM, Anwar S, Chien S, et al. (2016) Quantifiable Soft Tissue Manipulation (QSTM): A Requisite to Advance the Field of
- Manual Therapy. J Nov Physiother. 2016.6: 326.
- Loghmani MT, Bane S. Instrument-assisted soft tissue manipulation: evidence for its emerging efficacy. J Nov Physiother 2016, S3:012. DOI: 10.4172/2165-7025.S3-012.
- Thompson WR, Scott A, Loghmani MT, Ward SR, Warden SJ. Understanding Mechanobiology: Physical Therapists as a Force in Mechanotherapy and Musculoskeletal Regenerative Rehabilitation. Physical Therapy Journal. 2016;96(4):560-9.
- Loghmani MT, Bayliss A, Clayton JG, Gundeck E. Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization for Treatment of a Finger Joint Sprain in a Guitarist: A Case Study. Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy. 2015;23(5):246-53.
- Loghmani MT, Warden SJ. Instrument-assisted
cross fibermassage increases tissue perfusion and alters microvascular morphology in the vicinity of healing knee ligaments. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine.2013;13(240)1-9.
- Loghmani MT, Warden SJ. Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Accelerates Knee Ligament Healing. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT). 2009;39(7):506-14.